Are you’re waiting for a decision and need to travel to Canada?
If you submitted your application before September 7, 2021, we recommend you submit a new application via the IRCC Portal if you’re travelling for one of the following reasons:
- To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act, or permanent resident of Canada
- To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
- To unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act, or permanent resident of Canada.
- To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
- To attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
- To be present during the final moments of the life of a loved one
- To provide care to a critically ill person
- To join a vessel as a marine crew member
- To assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
- To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
- Make sure to include up-to-date information and, if possible, your previous application number.
By submitting a new application, your previous visitor visa application will be withdrawn. There is no guarantee of a refund, and you won’t receive a letter to confirm that your application has been withdrawn.
Do you intend to travel to Canada right now?
There’s nothing else you need to do. Your application will remain in the queue for processing.
Do you no longer want to travel to Canada
You can request a withdrawal via the web form. There is no guarantee that you will get a refund.